Monday 7 April 2014

EXAM (ANNOTATION): Refinement

              
This piece is refined from my previous sketchbook and for this I have used a similar mark making techniques by using a sponge to create the small patches of paint. I used the sponge and then I went over the mark with a paint brush to add depth and texture. I used several shades of grey and this helped the tone vary throughout the piece. I think that this is a good refinement and I may use this technique in my final piece.

 This is another refinement, which takes inspiration from one of the artist responses I did for Alex Brewer's work. I used acrylic paint for this piece, as well as addition pencil, teastain and collage.  

This piece was created by imprinting black and white acrylic paint from another source onto this page and then covering the marks with teastain. I think this is a good effect and I may experiement with this more later on in my sketchbook. This piece also resembles another artist response from Brett Smith's work. Below is a close up photograph of the white acrylic marks. I like this effect as it is very subtle and you have to look closely to see them.    

 
This is further experiementation of the printing method (above). I also attempted using a roller and printing ink to create the background for this piece, however I think that it is too harsh for the idea that I have for my final piece. I like the imprints as it lifts the piece slightly and this is certainly something I want to use in my final piece. 
   
Here I have done the imprinting method again. I covered it in teastain and then added pencil marks which resemble those from Alex Brewer's work. I like this effect and I may use this in my final piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment